Friday, June 24, 2011

Pony Pictures

Rachel's getting a pony! The pony is a 7-8 year old shetland mare and stands about 13 hands(ish) . She's so cute(and smart)!
We went to see her 1-2 weeks ago and worked her for about 3 and a half hours.
Her name, as of right  now, is Little Horse. Her current owners bought her about 5 years ago and when
they asked if she had a name the man who owned her said he just called her "Little Horse". They said they had planned on changing it but the name stuck.
We are thinking she will need a new name. My mom and grandma think we should name her "Pippa". Please feel free to leave any name suggestions in the comments. I'm not sure she looks like a Pippa...
Here is Rachel riding "Little Horse"
This was at the end of the three hours and after a trail ride/hike.
 
Rachel had so much fun riding her! In almost every picture she was smiling!
     
  Rachel was very happy she didn't need a mounting block to get on bareback.


One thing I failed to mention was that she is 4 hours away! So we will be borrowing a friends' 12 passenger van so our whole family can go to get her. We will also be visiting my dad's Aunt who lives near Pittsburgh.

I'm very happy for Rachel she has been wanting a pony of her own for so long and now she will have one!
I'm also looking forward to being able to take grandpa for trail rides and have Rachel go as well.
Now that I have added way too many exclamation marks!!! And bored you to death with my random long run on sentences I will leave you to ponder what the meaning of what the word "hands" has to do with horses.


Lindsay 

7 comments:

Becky K. said...

She is very sweet looking. I just know Rachel is going to love having a pony of her own. She is very competent as a rider.

Does this mean another missed Sunday???????

Mrs.Rabe said...

She is cute! I suggested Pippa because I thought she is a little pony and that made me think of Hobbits and then I thought of Pippin but Little Horse is a girl so Pippa!

My mind works in amazing ways!

Momma

Lindsay said...

No Mrs. K we will be leaving Sunday afternoon I believe. And coming back Monday afternoon or evening.

Lindsay said...

Yes mom a hobbit name would suit her just fine. We could call her Fatty Lumpkin after Tom Bombadil's pony!

Anonymous said...

Her name is Liberty. Because We are getting her on the 4th of July!!

Rachel

Max said...

she is cute. I like the name to ..
she looks good for trails

Lindsay said...

Hey Max! Sorry it took me soooo long to publish your comment but I rarely get on my blog.

Little Liberty is a great little trail horse and I look forward to taking her out with Rachel. We practiced loading with "Libby" and Sandy this evening and they did very well.

See you Sunday!